It has been a while since I have done a Love Link Express. I actually lost count which one this would be. Love Link Express for new viewers is where I share some of my favorite finds. It can anything from fashion, to beauty, to gift giving, to home decor to dinning out etc. Today I am sharing my latest finds for the first half of 2021. Hope you find something you like:
1) Ampia NYC Rooftop Restaurant is described as a modern mediterranean dinning room has recently reopened after the COVID lockdown and they are back better then ever. Celebrating the lifting of the lockdown restrictions they have re-envisioned their space as a photo op dream. Add tasty food, individual glass enclosed huts and stunning views and you have the perfect way to come out of lockdown. So for my New York followers or anyone on planning on visiting NYC this summer you must have this on your go to list.
2) Oscar Wilde NYC. Staying along the dinning out theme you must visit this local. Located in the heart of Chelsea this eatery has been described as a little bit of Europe in New York. It is a step back in time to the Victorian era in all its ornamental splendor. An homage to the fiery poet, and described as sophisticated debauchery you will not be disappointed by a visit to the most sought after spot, and tell them Allie sent you!
1) A few weeks ago I spoke of the French makeup artist turned YouTube star tuned entrepreneur Violette and directed you to her Makeup line and website. Today I am directing you to her YouTube channel. I love her channel and get addicted to watching her tutorials where she creates that allusive Parisian minimalist aesthetic, that I like to describe as: looking sultrily stunning, yet as if you didn’t try. I mean, who wouldn’t want that? Oh la la sign me up!
2) Truly Beauty is an upstart disrupter (like so many others) in the beauty industry. With minimalist packaging that houses can’t be missed out of the box products designed to address specific needs, this brand is making a mark for itself that will give even the most tried and true upstarts on the block, a run for their money. The brand seeks to bridge the gap between vegan and sustainable products with a luxury a high-end, and fun experience. The products are not cheap, but after the year we have had we so deserve a little pampering. And with names like Buns of Glowy and Coco Rose Fudge body butter you know it is going to be an out of the box experience.
1) Cottagecore: What IS cottagecore exactly? Much like the nap dress trend I spoke about last week Cottagecore was born out lockdown, and the sense of wanting to flee the big cities for a quieter more back to nature lifestyle. OK, I don’t think anyone will be living off the land anytime soon, but people are looking for more green space and some are even opting for the suburban country life. How is this expressed in the fashion industry? Think a modern take on the prairie dress, and peasant tops and broom stick skirts. Again, none of this is new, there is just more of it now and a new name. To learn more about cottagecore check out this article by The Huffington Post and TheCottagecore.com. Really it’s a thing.
3) Selkie is more fantasy than cottagecore. However it does offer up a plethora of frilly frocks and ruffled tops to please the most diehard romantic cottagecore devotee. I first discovered them on Instagram. From babydoll dresses—what they call the Puff Dress, to longer nap dresses and art emblazoned hoodies you will be sure to find something to appease your girlie side.